Instructions for setting up the Bria Softphone App on an Apple iPhone
You will need two pieces of information to set up the Bria softphone app on your Android device:
- Your direct telephone number on the PHONEWARE network (also known as your DID number)
- Your registration password
You will also need to purchase, download and install the Bria VoIP Softphone app from the Apple App Store. Cost is typically $7.99 to purchase the app.
Download and install the Bria App.
1. Launch the Bria App.
2. You should see a status message informing you that you don’t have active accounts. Touch + to add an account:
3. List of VoIP provider options will be shown. Touch VoIP [SIP] – Calling:
4. Complete information as follows:
Account Name: Any label you wish, or the phone number.
Display As: your direct telephone number including area code with no separating characters, i.e. 6024457777
Username: your direct telephone number including area code with no separating characters, i.e. 6024457777
Password: enter the registration password given to you by your PHONEWARE representative
Enabled (Leave this off at this point)
VM Number: *98
5. Scroll down and touch ACCOUNT ADVANCED option toward the bottom of the screen.
6. Complete Account Advanced options as follows:
Outbound Proxy = sip.azphoneware.com
Auth Name: your direct telephone number including area code with no separating characters, i.e. 6024457777
All other fields can be left at default.
7. Exit and return to Account Advanced screen, then move the ENABLED slider to the right to enable this account.
8. Exit Account Setup screen.
List of accounts should now show that the account you added is enabled (registered and active).
Should show a green circle with a phone handset and two arrows on the left of the account.
If these results are not shown, it indicates there was an error registering the device to the account.
If this happens, review the steps above and insure all data was correctly entered including proper capitalization of the password.
If still unable to register, contact PHONEWARE support.
9. Exit the accounts screen return to the SETTINGS screen, then select the PREFERENCES option.
10. To use the Bria app on your mobile data network (3G/4G/LTE, etc), insure that the “use when available” and “allow VoIP calls” options are both checked.
Exit the preferences page after these options are confirmed. This will return you the SETTINGS screen.
11. Touch the phone handset icon at the lower left of the screen to take you to the dial screen. You are now ready to make and receive calls.
If at any time you wish to NOT receive calls on your Bria app, simply selection MENU/EXIT to close the app.
If you have multiple accounts, you can repeat the steps above to add more than one account to your Bria app.
You can also use the checkmark to the right of each account on the SETTINGS/ACCOUNTS screen to select which accounts/lines are enabled.
3G/4G internet service on wireless phones is sometimes not suitable for quality VOIP communications. Wifi should be used whenever possible.