IMPORTANT E911 DISCLOSURE ADDENDUM FOR PHONEWARE VOIP VIRTUAL TELEPHONE SYSTEM CUSTOMERS
The Federal Communications Commission (“FCC”) requires that PHONEWARE, INC. , like all Voice Over Internet Protocol (“VoIP”) service providers, inform its customers of any differences between the E911 access capability available with VoIP Virtual Telephone System as compared to the E911 access capability available with traditional telephone service. (A copy of this FCC order is available at http://www.fcc.gov/cgb/voip911order.pdf.) We ask that you carefully read this E911 Disclosure Addendum and understand how these differences affect your ability to access E911 services.
The FCC’s E911 VoIP decision also requires PHONEWARE to obtain and keep a record on file showing that your company has received and understood this E911 Disclosure Addendum. Please respond IMMEDIATELY to this Addendum. If we do not receive your reply promptly, we may be required by the FCC Order to suspend your service until we do receive your reply.
By responding to this Addendum, you are affirmatively acknowledging that (1) you have read and understood this E911 Disclosure Addendum, (2) you understand that you may not be able to contact emergency services by dialing 9-1-1 using VoIP Virtual Telephone System, and (3) you understand that you must inform users of VoIP Virtual Telephone System that they may not be able to contact emergency services by dialing 9-1-1 using VoIP Virtual Telephone System.
You may obtain a copy of the FCC regulation and accompanying E911 VoIP decision in Docket No. 05-196 at the following link: http://www.fcc.gov/cgb/voip911order.pdf.
- VOIP VIRTUAL TELEPHONE SYSTEM E911 SERVICES MAY NOT OPERATE DURING A POWER OUTAGE. Although the equipment PHONEWARE may have placed on your premises might be equipped with back-up battery power, in the event of a commercial power outage lasting longer than the battery life, the equipment will lose power causing a loss of voice and data service, including access to E911 services. Once power service is restored, you may be required to reset or reconfigure your equipment before you will be able to use VoIP Virtual Telephone System to contact E911 services. You are responsible for providing an uninterruptible backup power supply if you wish to ensure continued operation of electrical equipment in the event of a power outage.
- VOIP VIRTUAL TELEPHONE SYSTEM E911 SERVICES WILL NOT OPERATE IF YOUR BROADBAND CONNECTION IS DISRUPTED OR VOIP VIRTUAL TELEPHONE SYSTEM HAS BEEN SUSPENDED FOR ANY REASON, INCLUDING, FOR EXAMPLE, NON-PAYMENT. Once your broadband connection and VoIP Virtual Telephone System have been restored, you may be required to reset or reconfigure your equipment before you will be able to use VoIP Virtual Telephone System service to contact E911 services.
- YOU MUST PROVIDE PHONEWARE WITH YOUR CORRECT SERVICE ADDRESS OR VoIP Virtual Telephone System E911 SERVICES CALLS MAY BE ROUTED TO EMERGENCY PERSONNEL WHO WILL NOT BE ABLE TO ASSIST YOU. If you notice that the service address information identified in your contract or bill is inaccurate, you can make corrections by calling our Customer Service representatives at (602) 254-5515 during the hours of 8 a.m. to 5 p.m.Arizona time, Monday – Friday.
- VOIP VIRTUAL TELEPHONE SYSTEM E911 SERVICES CALLS MAY NOT COMPLETE OR MAY BE ROUTED TO EMERGENCY PERSONNEL WHO WILL NOT BE ABLE TO ASSIST YOU IF YOU DISABLE, DAMAGE OR MOVE THE IAD TO A LOCATION OTHER THAN THE SERVICE ADDRESS YOU PROVIDED TO PHONEWARE WHEN SERVICE WAS INITIATED. If you wish to move to a new service address or report damage to your IAD, please call PHONEWARE’ Customer Service at (602) 254-5515 during the hours of 8 a.m. to 5 p.m.Arizona time, Monday – Friday. .
- VOIP VIRTUAL TELEPHONE SYSTEM E911 SERVICES CALLS MAY BE DELAYED OR DROPPED DUE TO NETWORK ARCHITECTURE. Due to network congestion or problems, calls to E911 services made using VoIP Virtual Telephone System may be dropped, in which case you will not be connected to emergency services, or your E911 calls may take longer to connect than E911 calls made using traditional telephone service.
IN ADDITION, YOU SHOULD MAINTAIN ALTERNATE MEANS OF CONTACTING E911 SERVICES AND YOU MUST INFORM YOUR VOIP VIRTUAL TELEPHONE SYSTEM USERS OF THESE ALTERNATE MEANS.