Selective Call Rejection is a feature that allows you to block certain phone numbers from calling your personal direct telephone number. Once it is configured, when these numbers try to call you, they will encounter this message: “We’re sorry, the person you are calling is not currently accepting calls from you.”
To set up Selective Call Rejection, just dial *60 on your phone to activate the feature and enter phone numbers to be blocked.
Or, you may also configure the call rejection service via the user commportal. Here’s how:
- Log into your user commportal with your direct telephone number and password.
- On the right side of the user commportal home screen you should see ADVANCED SETTINGS. Beneath that is REJECT SELECTED. Click that link. This activates selective call rejection.
- Click on the REJECTION LIST link that shows up. Add or edit entries, then click OK, then click APPLY.
It is also possible to block callers via the settings menu on a Yealink phone, however, this feature has a limit of 30 phone numbers that can be blocked. To block phone numbers via the Yealink phone menu:
- Press the button beneath DIRECTORY on the bottom of your phone display.
- Choose the HISTORY option.
- Use the up and down arrow keys to find the call from the phone number you wish to block.
- Press OPTION.
- Press ADD TO BLOCK LIST.
Because of the limited number of entries, Phoneware recommends using the *60 or user commportal method of blocking caller telephone numbers.