An administrator can reset a subscriber account for a new user.
The steps outlined below will perform the following changes on the subscriber line:
- Change the name for phone displays and the dial by name directory
- Change passwords
- Set up voicemail message delivery via email
- All existing voicemail messages and user greetings will be erased.
- Record the user’s name to be used as a temporary voicemail greeting and for the company directory
- Activate the new subscriber tutorial
Steps to reset a subscriber:
- Login as administrator. Via the admin portal, go to lines, find the line you wish to reset. At the right side, you will see a drop down box with actions. Click on this dropdown box and select RESET LINE. Enter the new user name. Check “Also use as local calling name”. Uncheck “remove from groups”. Click APPLY, then click CONFIRM.
- You will see a window pop up showing new account info including temporary passwords. We are not going to keep those passwords though, so disregard them. Click OK.
- You should be back at the line selection screen. We now want to open the line we reset in Commportal. Click on the Actions dropdown menu and select “View Individual Settings”. This should open a small window showing the user commportal of the subscriber line you just reset.
- In the user comm portal window, click on SETTINGS on the top blue menu bar, and then click on the ACCOUNT tab underneath the blue menu bar. To the right of ACCOUNT PASSWORD, click on the CHANGE link, and enter the desired commportal password. Do the same for the CALL SERVICES PIN and VOICEMAIL PIN settings. The account password should be an 8 character password with letters and numbers. The PINS should each be four digits. These should be the default values that were given to your staff when your cloud-based phone service was first set up, and you may find these passwords printed on your Phoneware user guides.
- Now click on the CALLS tab underneath the blue menu bar. The RESET ACCOUNT function you performed in step 1 cleared the caller ID settings. Check the two bottom boxes labeled “display caller name for incoming calls” and “display caller number for incoming calls”, then APPLY.
- Click on the Notifications Tab underneath the blue menu bar, then click on the MWI link beneath that. The RESET ACCOUNT function you performed in step 1 cleared the message waiting indicator settings. Check box under ALL VOICEMAIL so that the message waiting light on this phone lights for all voicemail messages. Click APPLY.
- Now close the small user commportal window you opened for this subscriber. You should now be back at the administrator page.
- Click on the PHONES menu option at the left, then select the MANAGE YOUR PHONE PROFILES link at the top of the screen.
- Edit each phone model profile to change the monitored extension buttons on all phones, replacing the previous user’s name with the new user’s name. Save changes. Phones will get their updated configuration settings after 3am on the next day, or you may reset power to phones to cause them to get a new configuration immediately. After updating the first phone model, you can return to the phone model selection screen by clicking on the HOME icon (picture of a house) at the top left of your phone profile configuration window. After all phone button labels have been updated, close this window. You should be returned back to the administrator portal.
- Now you must log out of the administrator portal window and log into the user commportal of the subscriber account you just reset, since the Administrator cannot change the following items and you must log in as the subscriber themselves to make these changes. Select LOGIN / USER COMMPORTAL at the top of the azphoneware.com website and enter the ten-digit telephone number of the line you reset in step 1, and enter the password you created in step 4.
- Click on the SETTINGS item on the blue menu bar, then click on the MESSAGES tab underneath the blue menu bar. Check the box “forward messages as emails”, enter ther user’s email address, check “Leave original in inbox”, and check “Include next action links in emails”.
- Click on the VOICEMAIL GREETING item on the same settings page to open the voicemail greeting settings. Use the greeting “system with name” and then click the RECORD link to record the user’s name using a USB headset or a microphone on your PC. Apply all changes.
The process is now complete. The subscriber line has been reset. All voicemail messages for the previous user have been deleted, as have the previous user’s voicemail greetings. All settings have been configured for the new user. The new user tutorial has been activated.