In Q12020, Accession Communicator was renamed to MaX UC, so both terms are used in the instructions below.
MaX UC for Desktop (previously known as Accession Communicator for Desktop) is a powerful Software-based Telephone, called a SoftPhone. Accession Communicator / MaX UC replaces or enhances a normal office telephone and can perform nearly all functions that an office telephone can perform, and several that an office telephone cannot.
Here are instructions for setting up MaX UC for Windows:
- First, you must download the MaX UC for Windows software. You can do this in either of two ways:
a. Click this link https://commpapps.appspot.com/accession.exe
— OR —
b. From your commportal account:
– Log in at https://azphoneware.com/commportal or https://phoneware.uccommportal.com, and entering your direct telephone number and your password.
– Click on the DOWNLOADS link under the SUPPORT heading at the bottom right of the page.
– Click on VIEW APPS button.
– Click on ACCESSION / MAX UC.
– Click on the WINDOWS 7 / WINDOWS 8 /WINDOWS 10 link toward the bottom of the window.
Confirm the prompt to download the setup program for MaX UC. File is over 90Mb in size so it may take a few minutes to download.
- After the download has completed, run the Accession Communicator / MaX UC installer program that you just downloaded.
- At the Accession Communicator / MaX UC Setup Welcome screen, click the NEXT button.
- Accept the default installation folder by clicking NEXT.
- At the Accession Communicator / MaX UC Setup Additional Tasks screen, check ALL boxes and click NEXT.
- Click the INSTALL button to begin installing Accession Communicator / MaX UC software.
- When the installation has been completed, ensure that the Launch Accession Communicator / MaX UC box is checked, and click FINISH. Accession Communicator / MaX UC will launch.
- You will now be prompted to log in and will be given the choice of two methods:
a. I have a login link
b. Log in manually
- Click on the Log In Manually button, then select Phoneware from the displayed list of VoIP carriers and click OK.
- You will now be prompted to enter your individual direct telephone number and your password. You should have received these from PHONEWARE, please enter them and click LOGIN.
- End User License Agreement is displayed. Check “I accept the terms” and click ACCEPT.
- Accession Communicator / MaX UC will now launch and should be active.
For video overviews and tutorials of Accession Communicator / MaX UC Desktop and more, visit https://azphoneware.com/videos.