Here are instructions for blocking specific telephone numbers from calling your main telephone number:
- Log in as administrator.
- Open your main telephone number account by click on the ACTIONS drop down arrow to the right and selecting VIEW INDIVIDUAL SETTINGS
- Click on the CONTACTS tab at the top of the screen.
- Look for a contact group named BLOCKED. If you don’t see one, create it by click on the NEW GROUP button.
- Click on NEW CONTACT button to create a new contact record for the number to be blocked
- Enter the phone number to be blocked as both the FIRST NAME and as the WORK telephone number. Click on SAVE.
- Now, to add this number to the BLOCKED group, click on EDIT to edit the contact, then scroll down to the bottom and click on “Member of Blocked”.
- Save your changes.
- Now, let’s check to see if you have a call manager rule to handle blocked callers. Click on the CALL MANAGER menu item at the top of the screen.
- Click on the RULES tab.
- Click on the NORMAL set of rules at the left side of the screen. If you already see a rule that says “When I receive a call from BLOCKED, reject the call”, then you don’t need to add a rule for blocked callers. However, if you do not see this rule already present, you must create a new rule. Click on the ADD NEW RULE button.
- Click on the A GROUP OF CONTACTS selection item and then click on the drop down window and select BLOCKED. Then click on the NEXT button.
- Click on the REJECT THE CALL selection item and then click FINISH.
- If you want to also block calls from these telephone numbers during non-business hours, you must repeat steps 11 through 13 for the CLOSED set of rules.
- Click on the APPLY button at the bottom right.
This phone number will now receive an intercept message when they attempt to dial your main business telephone number.
Individual users can also block phone numbers from their direct telephone numbers. The procedure is different from the main telephone number. Here are instructions:
- User should log into their user commportal, or if being completed by the administrator, log in as administrator and then open the desired user account by click on the ACTIONS drop down arrow to the right and selecting VIEW INDIVIDUAL SETTINGS.
- Click on the CALL MANAGER tab at the top of the screen.
- Click on the SCREENING tab.
- Click onb the SELECTIVE REJECTION item.
- Click on REJECT CALLS IF THEY ARE FROM SELECTED CALLERS.
- Click on EDIT LIST. ADD NEW contacts. Click OK when finished. Then click on APPLY.